Re: [RFR] templates://lirc/{lirc-modules-source.templates,lirc.templates}

MJ Ray wrote:
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>> Please send reviews as unified diffs (diff -u) against the original
>> files. Comments about your proposed changes will be appreciated.
>
> The original files don't seem to be attached.  Did you mean your
> modified files?

No, the originals (i.e. the version in the current package).

> However, my suggested changes to this one are small:
>
>> + The list of needed kernel modules and their parameters may be
>> + guessed from your previous answers.
>
> "Needed" seems vague here - how badly does it need them?  We have a
> richer collection of adjectives that we use for needed packages - can
> we use them here?  Do we mean required or suggested or what?

The obvious synonyms all suggest a dpkg dependency.  The question is
what modules users need built to support their hardware.

> There's
> also an "unneeded" later which sounds unnatural to me.

Me too, though it seems to be commoner in US English.

>> + Please choose whether you want such automatic selection to happen.
>>
>> Summarize the action we expect from the user.
>
> More direct: "Please choose whether to do this automatic selection."

How about something like this?

    Your previous answers can be used as a basis for guessing the list of
    kernel modules that should be built, along with their parameters.
    .
    Please choose whether this should happen.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)