Re: Request for English debconf template review

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> Sure.  OTOH, if the text had said "services that use libpam" instead of
> "services that use PAM", would you have had the same objection to the use of
> "libpam" as an unexpanded token?

No - I'm not sure whether libpam is as helpful in the context, but it
is the package name.

I understand the point about it being a critical-priority debconf
question.  If space is tight, I'd probably cut much of the wording and
just ask something like:

 Most services that use libpam for authentication must be restarted to
 use this new version.  Please confirm the following space-seperated
 list of init.d scripts to restart.
 .
 If you are upgrading in an X session started with kdm, wdm or xdm,
 restarting that service will terminate your X session, so you should
 remove it from this list and restart it later.
 .
 Some services (including screensavers) cannot be restarted here.  You
 will not be able to authenticate to those services until restarted.

but I don't know quite what was meant by "key information".

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.