Re: [TAF] templates://aiccu/templates

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:49:07AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> (first attempt for a normalized "Word To Do" mail....I have used the
> label used in the French team for this: TAF)
>
> The aiccu package introduced new debconf templates. This is the
> perfect moment for a review to help the package maintainer following
> the general suggested writing style and track down typos and errors in
> the use of English language.

[..]
> Template: aiccu/username
> Type: string
> Default:
>  To successfully connect, you must have a valid username. This is
>  the same as the handle you use to log into the website.

I think there are problems other than language in many templates too.
For example, questions without context, and questions that shouldn't be
asked at all.

In the above case, imagine that apt has just downloaded a ton of
packages and starts preconfiguration; a message pops up to say

               Username

 To successfully connect, you must have a valid username. This is
 the same as the handle you use to log into the website.

 ?_____________________________________________

It's hard to know what context the question is in; what is it asking the
username for? I think some mention of aiccu and why it requires your
credentials should be included before/with the first question.

> Template: aiccu/brokername
> Type: select
> Choices: ${brokers}
>  Select the Tunnel Broker you would like to use.

  Select the tunnel broker you wish to use.

I would prefer "wish to use" but I don't know that there is a strong
argument for it.

> Template: aiccu/tunnelname
> Type: select
> Choices: ${tunnels}
>  If you have more than one tunnel configured in your account, you must
>  specify which tunnel should be activated.

"you must select which tunnel to activate".

> Template: aiccu/badauth
> Type: boolean

Re-check?

>  You most likely have given bad authentication details. Try to login through
>  the website of the Tunnel Broker or contact them to ask about problems.
>
> Template: aiccu/nobrokers
> Type: note
>  No Tunnel Brokers could be retrieved from DNS (_aiccu + _aiccu.sixxs.net)
>  this most likely indicates a DNS configuration problem.

  No tunnel brokers could be retrieved from DNS (_aiccu + _aiccu.sixxs.net);
  this most likely indicates a DNS configuration problem.

Hamish