Re: [RFR] templates://auctex/{auctex/templates}

Justin B Rye <jbr@edlug.org.uk> wrote:

> David Kastrup wrote:

You didn't read what I was saying: auctex Depends on p-l-s.
Preview-latex-style is *not*at*all* usefull for a user of Emacs, unless
they have auctex installed.

>>> What am I saying?  Yes it would.  That would be a perfectly
>>> plausible way to get p-l-s to pull in emacs.
>>
>> Why would one want that?  The whole point of preview-latex-style is that
>> it is useful without Emacs.
>
> No, the README.gz and the package synopsis are quite clear that it's
> primarily intended for use with Emacs.

David is the author of preview-latex-style and the current maintainer of
auctex.  You'd better believe him. Maybe the README can be worded better
(is there a Project Smith for GNU projects?), I didn't check.  But even
your wording "primarily intended" implies that it has other uses.

>  But I'm not suggesting a
> "Depends: emacs".  Either (my original idea) preview-latex-style
> should have "Suggests: emacs" or (as Frank implied) it should have
> "Suggests: auctex" (which in turn pulls in emacs).

I didn't want to imply anything like this.  We already have

Package: auctex
Depends: preview-latex-style

and that's it.

Regards, Frank