Re: Request for English debconf template review

Steve Langasek wrote:
> But your other message made me think a bit more about this, and I realize
> that the size can easily be brought down by splitting the display manager
> paragraph into a separate debconf note:
>
> - if $DISPLAY is not set in the environment, automatically include
>   xdm/kdm/wdm in the service list without warning
> - if $DISPLAY is set in the environment, automatically exclude these
>   services from the list, but show a second debconf question informing the
>   user that they need to be restarted.
>
> Does this sound reasonable?

As it happens, at this very moment I have two logins:
* an aptitude session running on a VT (with no $DISPLAY), and
* an X session with unsaved work.
How about checking "pidof X"?

(The other complicating factor is that I'm using startx, not *dm,
but that shouldn't be a problem.)
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)