Re: [RFR] templates://krb5/{krb5-admin-server.templates,krb5-kdc.templates}

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Please find, for review, the debconf templates of krb5.

> This review will last from Saturday, May 26, 2007 to Tuesday, June 05,
> 2007.

> Please send reviews as unified diffs (diff -u) against the original
> files. Comments about your proposed changes will be appreciated.

> Your review should be sent as an answer to this mail.

> When appropriate, I will send intermediate requests for review, with
> "[RFRn]" (n>=2) as a subject tag.

> When we will reach a consensus, I send a "Last Chance For
> Comments" mail with "[LCFC]" as a subject tag.

> Finally, the reviewed templates will be sent to the package maintainer
> as a bug report, and a mail will be sent to this list with "[BTS]" as
> a subject tag.

One note on the current templates.  Right now, the following question is
asked at installation time:

> Template: krb5-kdc/purge_data_too
> Type: boolean
> Default: false
>  By default, purging this package will not delete the KDC database in
>  /var/lib/krb5kdc/principal since this database cannot be recovered once
>  it is deleted.
>  .
>  Choose this option if you wish to delete the KDC database when this package
>  is purged, deleting all of the user accounts and passwords in the KDC.

It should instead be asked at purge time so that the behavior isn't
affected by what the user said at installation (which may be long ago).  I
just haven't had a chance to make that change.  That *may* mean changing
the wording slightly, although looking at it now it isn't bad.