Re: [RFR] pot-debconf://lwat/en.po

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 11:46:56AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> > Also, do we have to double spaces after periods?
>
> That raises an interesting point: should full stops (I think this is
> how native speakers call the double spaces) be used after periods?

No, a full stop is just another name for a period.

Modern practice is to only have one space after a full stop/period but
this is the subject of some debate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop#Spacing_after_full_stop

> I add this to the TODO list of the rewrite process, just below "should
> we recommend US or British spelling?"

Ahahaha :)

Much though it pains me to say it (being a British English speaker) I
would tend to assume that the default in Debian should be for US
English. However, if that is to be the case, I would like there to be a
British English internationalization project...

Dominic.