Re: debconf template: checking of my english for the (source) package dtc

Quick comments:

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>  Please mention the hostname or IP address of the MySQL server.

Enter, give or state seem better than mention.  All of the "mention"s
should be replaced IMO.  It's too casual for this type of instruction.

>  privileges. DTC will use it to to grant privileges for its users in
>  the tables.

use it to grant privileges for the tables to its users.

> Template: dtc/conf_mysqlpass
> Type: password

password (even though I dislike MySQL, calling its admin rude names is
not on)

>  All DTC hosting informations are stored in a database.

information is

>  By default, the mysql-server package does not enforce a password for
>  the MySQL root user. This can be changed during the configuration of
>  the DTC package.

OT: Should DTC be reconfiguring mysql-server?

>  Please mention the subdomain to be used by DTC control panel.

the DTC control panel

>  the domain name you just provided, and will be used as default for

as the default.

>  Please mention the directory to be used by DTC to store all hosted domains
>  files (mail and web files).

Either "all hosted domains' files" or "all hosted domain files" or
better "files for all hosted domains".

>  root. This should be manually removed in the httpd.conf file when

removed from the httpd.conf file manually

>  Please choose the main domain administrator's password. Access
>  to the control panel must be managed manually through an .htpasswd
>  file in the  root path.

What root path?  /?  Document root?  Domains root?

>  should be already installed on the system. If no such MTA is actually
>  installer, please complete the DTC setup of DTC, install a MTA

installed

"the DTC setup" or "the setup of DTC"

>  Please choose this option if you are using the Cyrus for mail
>  delivery, imap and MTA. This option is only compatible with Postfix.

Should this be mentioned in the MTA choice question?

>  DTC supports both Apache and Apache2. Please mention which version
>  should be used by with DTC.

used by DTC

>  the generation of "nated" vhosts.

NATed (maybe)

>  Please mention the IP address of the server for DTC to
>  generate all vhosts that will be used by Apache.

use in generation of all vhosts (maybe)

>  To generate a certificate request and a certificate, OpenSSL needs you
>  enter a password. Please type it here.

to enter

>  Please enter the 2 letter country code of your server location. Example:
>  AU, UK, US, FR, DE, etc.

Is this example wrong?  I'm pretty sure that the SSL certificate
country (C) code for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern
Ireland is GB, not UK.

>  Please enter your organization name.

organisation (maybe)

> Template: dtc/conf_dnsbl_list
> Type: string
> Default: sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org,list.dsbl.org,relays.ordb.org
>  Please enter the list of preferred DNSBL servers to add to your Postfix
>  mail server configuration.

OT: DNSBLs are evil if used for blacklisting.  Consider a blank default.

>  You can help GPLHost to know how many DTC setup has been done, by

setups have been done

>  reporting your installation to it's web site. No data will be collected

its web site

>  except the operating system (Debian in your case), IP address of the setup
>  (the IP is used as an identifier so GPLHost don't account upgrades and/or

count upgrades

>  reinstallations, it will never be used for commercial purpose). You have

reinstallations - it will never be used for commercial purposes).

Hope that helps,
Webmaster/web developer, statistician, sysadmin, online shop maker,
developer of koha, debian, gobo, gnustep, various mail and web s/w.
Workers co-op @ Weston-super-Mare, Somerset http://www.ttllp.co.uk/