Re: Please proofread README.Debian for fwanalog

"Emanuele Rocca"  wrote, Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:27 PM

> I partially rewrote the README.Debian provided with fwanalog.
>
> Please proofread it, suggestions welcome.

Not sure if the changes I've suggested affect your changes or the original
text, but I hope they're useful.

> There are some important options in /etc/fwanalog/fwanalog.opts
> you may need to check.

s/you/that you/, possibly.

[...]

> Change this value to a /var/www subdirectory (e.g. /var/www/fwanalog)

"Change this value to a subdirectory of /var/www (e.g. /var/www/fwanalog)"

> WARNING: fwanalog output may be analized by a potential attacker
> to guess your firewall ruleset. It may be a good idea to restrict world
> access to these informations.

s/analized/analysed/ and s/informations/information/.

> fwanalog runs as an unprivileged user by default in Debian;
> remember to allow the fwanalog user to write in the directory
> you choose as fwanalog output dir.

Either "...as the fwanalog ouput dir" or "...as fwanalog's output dir"
(possibly s/dir/directory/)

> Be also sure that the fwanalog user is able to read logfiles located

s/Be also sure/Also ensure/

Cheers,

Adam