Re: Please check these templates once again

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:40:36PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Well, here are my suggestions, and whether you implement them now,
> later, or not at all isn't really my decision. :)

And in fact I chose to implement most of them, and ask for extra
explanation for the others.

> Where a recommendation applies more than once I won't repeat it.  I
> expect you to interpret my advice consistently.  ;-)

I'll try to act as an intelligent guy. ;-)

> Two spaces between sentences.

Is it something that everybody agrees with? I thought I read some
flamewars about that point, and I'd rather not change it each time I
ask for a review... ;-)

> >  not want to download it, you can still extract the appropriate
> >  microcode image(s) from the MS-Windows .vxd file, using em8300mc_ex.
> >  .
> >  Warning: if /usr/lib/em8300/em8300.uc already exists on your system, it
> >  will be overwritten by the downloaded file.
>
> I thought Policy said we shouldn't put non-packaged stuff in /usr/lib?

Gosh, that's something I really should check ASAP, even if I can't
remember reading such a rule...

> >  Options can be passed to the em8300 kernel module when it is loaded
> >  to control how it works.
> >  .
> >  Available options are:
> >   activate_loopback=x
> >   bt865_ucode_timeout=x
> >   dicom_control=x
> >   dicom_fix=x
> >   dicom_other_pal=x
> >   use_bt865=x
> >  Where x is 0 or 1. Multiple options should be separated by spaces.
> >  .
> >  Some sets of options have been reported to remove color
> >  problems. Check the package documentation for details.
>
> The text wrapping in this paragraph isn't consistent with the others.

That's rather odd, it looks like emacs does not want to wrap after the
full stop (Is it the correct name for "."?), probably to preserve double
spaces...

> Overall, it looks really good.  Thanks for contacting the -l10n-english
> freaks.  :)

And thank you for helping the poor frenchie I am. ;-)

Nicolas