Re: Ugly english to Clean english translation needed.

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 04:13:42PM +0200, rperrot@debian.org wrote:
> I would like to have some help to correct my English.
> I maintain Bugzilla, and I want to make very hight quality
> package. Since my English is somewhat week I'm looking for
> help to improve English that I write for this package.
>
> All English text can be found here :
> http://people.debian.org/~rperrot/bugzilla/english_text/

My interpretation/translation is attached.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will

This version of bugzilla has been highly customized to comply with Debian
Policy.  As a result there may be some problems with it.  If you find
something wrong, let me know.

Here is a list of known issues:

You will need to adjust some parameters to fit your site; see the "Edit
parameters" document (/cgi-bin/bugzilla/editparams.cgi).

There is also a problem with mail since bugzilla uses a sendmail feature
(deferred mail) I cannot find in any other mail transfer agent.  So, you'll
have to go to the "Edit parameters" page and switch the "sendmailnow"
parameter to "on" if you don't have sendmail installed.

Chart report generation is problematic at present since libchart-perl
(0.99b-1) is unable to draw PNG or GIF charts (Debian bug #100446).

Finally, purging the package doesn't destroy the bug database.  If you feel
that this is a bug feel free to report it.

 -- Rémi Perrot <rperrot@debian.org>,  Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:12:45 +0200
Template: bugzilla/cgi_scripts_moved
Type: note
 All CGI scripts have been moved to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/bugzilla and the script
 bgz_query.cgi has been renamed query.cgi.  If you have made changes to
 /var/lib/bugzilla/web/index.html, the install process will not overwrite your
 change so you may need to update all links to the CGI scripts.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_db_access_needed
Type: note
 The Bugzilla package does not declare a package dependency on the MySQL
 server package, since Bugzilla can use a remote MySQL database.  To complete
 Bugzilla configuration, access to a MySQL server is required.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_needs_root
Type: boolean
Default: true
 If you do not have a MySQL database or a MySQL database user that can be used
 by bugzilla, one must be created.
 .
 It is not mandatory to let the configure process create the Bugzilla database
 and the database user that will be used by Bugzilla to access to this database.
 If you have no Bugzilla database and no Bugzilla database user, you may create them
 both by hand.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_admin_username
Type: string
Default: root
 Please enter the username of a database user with sufficient privileges to
 create new databases and users in the MySQL database server.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_root_pwd
Type: password
 Please enter the password of the administrator entered previously.
 .
 This password will be not be stored permanently by debconf; it is forgotten
 once the database and database user are created.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_host
Type: string
Default: localhost
 Please enter the hostname on which the MySQL database server to be used by
 Bugzilla runs.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_port
Type: string
Default: 3306
 Please enter the port number on which the MySQL database server can be
 accessed.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_name
Type: string
Default: bugs
 Please enter the name of the MySQL database that will be used to archive
 Bugzilla data.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_user
Type: string
Default: bugs
 Please enter the database username that will be used to access the Bugzilla
 database.

Template: bugzilla/mysql_user_pwd
Type: password
 Please enter the password of the user that will be used to access the
 Bugzilla database.

Template: bugzilla/pwd_check
Type: password

Template: bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_name
Type: string
 All mail for the administrator will be sent to this address.  This email
 address is also used as the administrator login for Bugzilla.
 .
 A legal address must contain exactly one '@', and at least one '.' after the
 @.  You'll be able to change this default by changing some parameters in the
 bugzilla interface.

Template: bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_real_name
Type: string

Template: bugzilla/bugzilla_admin_pwd
Type: password
Source: bugzilla
Section: web
Maintainer: Rémi Perrot <rperrot@debian.org>
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), debconf (>= 0.9.95)
Standards-Version: 3.5.5

Package: bugzilla
Architecture: all
Depends: debconf (>= 0.9.95), libchart-perl, libdbd-mysql-perl, libgd-perl, libtimedate-perl, libxml-parser-perl, apache | roxen2 | apache-ssl | cern-httpd | boa | wn | aolserver | roxen | thttpd | caudium | apache-perl , sendmail | mail-transport-agent
Suggests: bugzilla-doc
 Bugzilla is a web-based tool that lets you:
  * report bugs
  * assign bugs to the appropriate developers
  * prioritize bugs
  * set bug dependencies
  * arrange bugs by product and component
 With these features, you can also use Bugzilla as a to-do list manager.
 .
 Bugzilla is web application that lets users report and look up existing bugs.
 Changes made to a bug's status are automatically sent to users concern with
 it.

Package: bugzilla-doc
Architecture: all
Suggests: bugzilla
 The Bugzilla Guide is a document (in ASCII text, HTML, and SGML format)
 discussing Bugzilla adminstration, maintenance, and use.