Re: (forw) Status of po-debconf translations for language nl

On Thursday 06 January 2005 06:58, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Hello, fellow Dutch translators...
>
> You will find below the result of a run of the dl10n-txt utility which
> is part of the dl10n project on Alioth.
>
> A part of this utility is based on Tim Dijkstra work...

> However, please let me mention the addition of a feature you don't
> seem to use : the [BTS] messages. We have added a new style of
> messages for letting the spider know that a given translation, after
> the LCFC step, has indeed been sent to the BTS.
>
> The principle is simple : a message with "[BTS]
> po-debconf://<package>/fr.po #<bug_nr>".

These are used, it's just that they are usually send directly  to the
coordination robot at <l10n@famdijkstra.org>, and not to the list.
They do show up at dutch.debian.net  (our statuspage) though.

> Thus, the robot will add a new status named "bts", and will then show
> it, along with the number of days since the bug report. The robot also
> has the option of *not* showing the packages in "bts" status, thus
> reducing the size of its display.
>
> Of course, the robot will then automagically check the BTS in order to
> see whether a given report has been closed (or fixed by a NMU).
>
> Given the below results, it does not seem you're using this style of
> message, so I take this opportunity for mentioning it to you. This may
> be of great help, for instance, in tracking down lazy
> maintainers...:-)
>
> Please let me know (don't forget CC'ing me) what you think about using
> this feature.
I personally prefer not flooding the mailing list with BTS messages, but
sending those directly to the robot instead. (off course if we decide
otherwise, a filter is set easily enough)

> Please also let me know whether you would be interested by such report
> being sent weekly or so (unless you already do something similar on
> your own side!).
I don't see it as a necessity (as we have the above mentioned status page
doing more or less the same), but I wouldn't mind either.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)