Re: should manpages-nl get shipped with woody?

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Joost van Baal wrote:

> Hi,

> I maintain the manpages-nl Debian package: Linux manual pages translated
> into Dutch.  I doubt wether it should get shipped with the coming stable
> woody release: There is no upstream maintenance, most of the 115
> translations shipped with it are translations of potato manpages, made
> early 2001, so probably obsolete.  Therefore, the usefulness of this
> package is questionable.  Otoh: shipping it with woody will probably get
> more eyeballs on the package, which might result in a new upstream
> maintainer...

As the package is in woody already, and there is but 1 outstanding bug
against it (and 1 outstanding wishlist item), I'd say ship it. People
obviously consider it to be adequate. :)

Honestly, I think it's better to have a partially incomplete manpage in
Dutch with the notice that the English manpages are authorative for what's
on the system than to have no Dutch manpages at all. There is a section
REMARKS in manpages for such info, IIRC.

Doei, Arthur.

--
  /\    / |      arthurvl@sci.kun.nl      | Work like you don't need the money
 /__\  /  | A friend is someone with whom | Love like you have never been hurt