Re: apt translation update

Hi!

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 01:54:26PM +0000, lumin wrote:
> Sorry for that, I can do the translation again,
> I don't want to trouble anyone :)

You are no trouble at all, no worries! I am just taking way longer than
I would like to to reply to mails… :(

The best po-file to translate at the moment would be
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/apt/apt.git/plain/po/zh_CN.po?h=debian/experimental
which is in fact the same as the one in the most recent tar, so you
could use that one as well, just as you prefer.

We heavily rely on the debian l10n teams to help with the translation of
Debian native tools like apt, so my usual suggestion would be to contact
the l10n team for your language, in the case of zh_CN this would be the
cc'ed debian-l10n-chinese@lists.debian.org, but I had them contacted
earlier this year already to no avail, so I fear the team is currently
understaffed and/or needs reviving.

The list as well as the last translator were contacted also in at least
two previous translation calls, still, the last update is recorded as
dating from 2010-08-26, so it looks like the last translator is MIA as
well so someone else adopting the translation would be very welcome!

One hint: Please post the entire po file (optionally compressed)
and if you prefer as a bugreport against apt. I could say that it is
a bit harder to apply patches as po files tend to change often (e.g.
the linenumber hints) so that patches usually don't apply cleanly, but
the main reason is that everyone else does it that way.

Feel free to ask if anything is unclear.
In the meantime: Thanks for caring & getting in touch!

Best regards

David Kalnischkies