Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package postfix 2.4.0-5

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 07:39:01AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> The debian-l10n-english team has reviewed the debconf templates for
> postfix. This process has resulted in changes that may make your
> existing translation incomplete.

> A round of translation updates is being launched to synchronize all
> translations.

> Please send the updated file as a wishlist bug against the package.

> The deadline for receiving the updated translation is Wednesday, May 23, 2007.

<snip>

> [...]

> "Més concretament, s'ha d'especificar «mydomain», ja que hostname(2) no és un "
> "nom de domini completament qualificat (FQDN)."

> #. Type: boolean
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:2001
> #, fuzzy
> #| msgid ""
> #| "Failure to fix this will result in a broken mailer.  Decline this option "
> #| "to abort the upgrade, giving you the opportunity to add this "
> #| "configuration yourself.  Accept this option to automatically set mydomain "
> #| "based on the FQDN of the machine."
> msgid ""
> "Failure to fix this will result in a broken mailer. Decline this option to "
> "abort the upgrade, giving you the opportunity to add this configuration "
> "yourself. Accept this option to automatically set mydomain based on the FQDN "
> "of the machine."
> msgstr ""
> "Si es produeix una fallada en aquest punt, el funcionament de "
> "l'administrador de correu pot veure's interromput. Declineu aquesta opció si "
> "voleu avortar l'actualització i afegir aquesta configuració manualment. "
> "Accepteu si preferiu que s'estableixi «mydomain» automàticament a partir de "
> "l'FQDN de la màquina."

> #. Type: boolean
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:3001
> msgid "Install postfix despite an unsupported kernel?"
> msgstr ""

> #. Type: boolean
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:3001
> msgid ""
> "Postfix uses features that are not found in kernels prior to 2.6. If you "
> "proceeed with the installation, Postfix will not run."
> msgstr ""

> #. Type: boolean
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:4001
> #, fuzzy
> #| msgid ""
> #| "Failure to fix this will result in a broken mailer.  Decline this option "
> #| "to abort the upgrade, giving you the opportunity to add this "
> #| "configuration yourself.  Accept this option to automatically make master."
> #| "cf compatible with Postfix 2.2 in this respect."
> msgid ""
> "Failure to fix this will result in a broken mailer. Decline this option to "
> "abort the upgrade, giving you the opportunity to add this configuration "
> "yourself. Accept this option to automatically make master.cf compatible with "
> "Postfix 2.2 in this respect."
> msgstr ""
> "Si es produeix una fallada en aquest punt, el funcionament de "
> "l'administrador de correu pot veure's interromput. Declineu aquesta opció si "
> "voleu avortar l'actualització i afegir aquesta configuració manualment. "
> "Accepteu si preferiu que es compatibilitzi el fitxer master.cf "
> "automàticament amb la versió 2.2 en aquest sentit."

<snip>

Looks to me like the Smith Review Project should pay more attention to
whether debconf templates should be *removed* from packages instead of being
updated.  All of the above fuzzied and untranslated strings are for
templates that are specific to upgrades from sarge; unless there are plans
for an upload of these debconf updates to proposed-updates, it would be an
unfortunate waste of translator time to update them.