Re: availability of adraine for knoppix 8.6

On 11/22/19, Donald Raikes <don.raikes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for the adraine live cd for the latest version of knoppix
> (8.6).
>
> All I find on the mirrors are selections for adraine-knoppix-7.2.0gCD
> which seems pretty old.
>
> If I don't have a current linux system and the adriane version of 8.6
> is not available, how do I go about configuring a knoppix-8.6 cd to
> start with adriane enabled and put it on a flash drive?

Hi, Donald, Knoppix has a handy, longstanding "Cheat Codes" perk out there:

http://ftp.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes

Right in the top "fold" of the webpage there, it says "adriane" can be
used at the boot prompt to "Start blind-friendly, talking desktop". In
case it helps any, the spelling is "A D R I A N E".

If screenreaders don't pronounce those letters, I could use a tip on
how to write things like that out in the future so that the letters
are each spoken separately. PS Hopefully my spelling is correct in all
cases there, grin.

An important disclaimer is that I don't know for fact if this
"adriane" cheat code specifically works for the Knoppix release you're
seeking. I'm presuming it most likely does, but you never know.

Am hoping that helps at least get you partway through this until you
find how to get a bootable copy going, too.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with birdseed *