Re: Remastering KNOPPIX adding KNOPPIX[n] overlay's to iso file

Hello Ricardo,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:45:19 -0300, Ricardo P Rodrigues wrote:

> 3) Create new Knoppix ISO
>
> genisoimage -l -r -J -V "KNOPPIX" \
>   -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
>   -boot-info-table -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \
>   -o /media/sda4/knx/custom.iso /media/sda4/knx/master
>
> 4) testing it
>
> Runs only in virtualbox and qemu. not running when recorded to a usb
> (with dd command). To run in a computer I need to use other knoppix
> live USB and during boot, indicate using cheatcodes to boot from
> this custom iso file...

A normal bootable ISO (el torito boot method) is not suitable for
booting from USB stick. Try running

  isohybrid /media/sda4/knx/custom.iso

before dd'ing the ISO image to the USB stick. The "isohybrid" tool
is provided by the package "syslinux-utils".

Greetings,
  Christian
--
Christian Perle                                    chris AT linuxinfotag.de
010111                                              http://chris.silmor.de/