Re: saving cheatcodes

Hello,

If you are using the ISO dd-to-USB method (possible as alternative
starting from Knoppix version 8) instead of flash-knoppix für installing
Knoppix to USB-Stick, or if you want to modify the ISO image directly,
you can edit the isolinux.cfg content by using a binary file editor like
"hexedit" in order to modify/overwrite the boot options without changing
the file size or other content. isolinux.cfg has some spare bytes which
allows space to also add new options.

It's significantly easier to modify boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and (for
UEFI) boot/syslinux/syslnx*.cfg after flashing with flash-knoppix, thus
creating a new partition layout with a writable first partition.

Regards
-Klaus