Suggestions: persistent partition selectable / using LUK for encryption

Hello!

Last week I had a bit of trouble, trying to do a flash drive
installation. That's why I came here to make two humble suggestions:

1.
A big advantage of LUK is the possibility to use several passwords for
the same encrypted partition, which makes it very easy to change the
password later. So I'd like to ask, if it is possible to remaster
Knoppix so it can use a LUK encrypted partition and if there are any
plans to use LUK as the default encryption in the future?

2.
The script "flash-knoppix.sh" does a great job, but I am missing the
possibility to choose the partitions that should be used. If I want to
use my flash drive for any thing else than just for Knoppix, it is quite
complicated to do so: backing up data, installing Knoppix, creating new
partitions by resizing the Knoppix partition, keeping in mind that the
order of the newly created partition and the entries in the partition
table will not match later, and finally restoring your data.

I assume this script was written when flash drives where too small to be
used for more than one task, so choosing partitions was not an option
then. (No offence ment!) But nowadays flash drives are big enough to
hold dozens of live distributions and ISO files, and still each one can
have their own persistent partition for individual data.

So I'd like to humbly suggest to add options to this script so that the
user can choose the partitions that should be used. I have taken a look
at the script, and I tried to modify it myself, but it's a bit beyond my
capabilities.

Sincerely,
Wolfgang Klein