Re: kjots broken ("The Akonadi personal information management service is not running. This application cannot be used without it.")

On Wed, 4 May 2016 03:57:02 -0400
"Andrew" <knoppix@rngresearch.com> wrote:

> Dear Klaus et al,
>
> I just tried upgrading to 7.6.1, but when I run
> kjots, I get an error about akonadi not
> running.  Is there a fix for this?  Or is there
> another similar program to which I can import
> my kjots "books"?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Andrew

Akonadi is part of the recent KDE5 pack and has
always been troublesome here. I use Claws Mail
and try to avoid KDE5 programs where possible.