Re: request for konoppix based on jessie

If there is a chance for CD version, I would suggest to create really light imege (kernel, xorg, lxde).
Everyone interested will remaster it for their needs.
Others will use, all in one, DVD version.

While I too grow impatient for the next public release(oh, how I miss
the frequent public betas from when I could use Vanilla Debian), I
doubt your prodding will get Klaus to release 7.6 any sooner. That
said, it's almost guaranteed that the next release will be primarily a
mix of Jessie and Stretch, and I remember Klaus posting a short to-do
list a while back that mentioned something that would make maintaining
a CD version easier once implemented, so I'm hopeful the next public
version will see the return of the CD version. On the other hand, that
to-do list implied some trouble getting Knoppix to work with some of
the changes made to Debian's core going Wheezy to Jessie, which might
explain the delay.

--
Sincerely,

Jeffery Wright
President Emeritus, Nu Nu Chapter, Phi Theta Kappa.
Former Secretary, Student Government Association, College of the Albemarle.