Re: Patch replace espeak with Pico in ADRIANE

Hello eviltoys,

Unfortunately, it looks like pico-tts has license issues that are making
it, currently, "non-free" software in Debian. See here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4415

I'm unsure about the consequences if I would include libttspico-utils
anyways. Will it make Knoppix/Adriane "non-free software"?

Another question:

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 02:01:30PM +0000, eviltoys wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I was trying accessibility tools in my android phone that I discovered
>    Svox pico which
>    is the speech synthesis engine used in Android under Apache license. it
>    has better human voice than espeak and available for English, German,
>    French and Italian.and is already packaged in Debian repository.
>    to test it, install libttspico-utils package and apply the patch with:
>    cd /etc/speech-dispatcher/
>    sudo patch < speechd.patch
>    and restart speech-dispatcher service or reboot adriane:
>    /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher restart
>    ADRIANE now is translated into many languages, when it encounter
>    unsupported language from pico it fall back to espeak as default.

How does it fall back to espeak? Your patch removes espeak from the
speechd modules list.

Regards
-Klaus