Knoppix versus Overscan: Knoppix loses

I just now created a USB stick with Knoppix 7.4.2 on it and tried
booting that up on my  Home Theater PC (HTPC).  The monitor for
the HTPC is a Panasonic TC-P50X60 plasma TV.

Unfortunately, this TV overscans by a minumum of 2.5%, as verified
by the publically available AVCHD-2d DVD ISO (Basic Settings,
Section 5 - Sharpness and Overscan).

I've tried every setting available on this TV, and it just refuses
to do anything other than a minimum 2.5% overscan... a fact which
annoys me greatly (but I can't complain too much, because I got
the TV new a few months ago for a bargain basement price).

Anyway, the problem is that the main toolbar for Knoppix is so low
on the screen that with the overscan, it is almost entirely invisible,
off the bottom of the screen.  (I was lucky that Knoppix responds
properly to the HTPC's power button, otherwise I would not even have
been able to perform a clean shutdown of Knoppix.)

It would be Nice if someday a future version of Knoppix implemented
some solution for this rather unfortunate problem.  I can easily imagine
at least a couple of different possible solutions, but I really should
leave that to the developer(s).