Re: Question on live distros

IHMO for this project it is much easier to start with a mini live cd
and add software than to start with a full featured Linux coming on a
DVD like Knoppix and reduce features, there are lots of possibilities
like DSL, miniknoppix (No more developped?), http://www.toms.net/rb/ ,

Have a closer look at http://www.ubuntu-mini-remix.org/ , this might
be exactli what you are looking for.