Re: Availability of pdf reader.

Hi John,

Am Mittwoch, 24. Dezember 2014, 09:34:08 schrieb John Culleton:
> I have pdf files intended for online reading with
> embedded links to web addresses. I need a pdf
> reader that will execute these links when they are
> clicked on. I know Acrobat Reader will execute
> these links. Currently Okular will not. It will
> outline them but not execute them. Is there
> another pdf reader available to Knoppix theat
> honors web links in a pdf file?
>
> Alternatively is here a way to get Acrobat Reader
> for a knoppix installation?

I use this on Debian Sid:

merkaba:~> apt-cache search mozilla kpart
kpartsplugin - Netscape-compatible plugin to embed KDE file-viewers into
browser

Which gives me Okular and other KDE file-viewers within Iceweasel.

I am happy that I didn´t need any Acrobut Reader stuff on any of my Linux
installations for years.

And I will spring up happily once I removed any traces of Adobe Flash from all
of my systems – currently I still have the pepperflash plugin installed for
that.

Ciao,