Re: Mounting thumb drive on knoppix.

You can also try these:

if the thumb drive is partitioned:

ls /media/

(insert thumb drive)

(wait 5 seconds for the thumb drive to settle)

ls /media/

The second time it will show another mount point that wasn't there before.

If the thumb drive has no partitioning or the above didn't work:

dmesg

(note the end of the messages so you have a point of reference)

(insert thumb drive)

(wait 5 seconds for the thumb drive to settle)

dmesg

The new messages pertain to your thumb drive.

You can also scroll back (Shift-PageUp) dmesg to find the thumb drive if it was already inserted.