To: "Jim Pritchett" <jpritchett1@charter.net>
Cc: "Knoppix ML" <debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2014 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: Knoppix and apt-get

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 04:51:04PM -0500, Jim Pritchett wrote:
Does apt-get normally take hours to complete?

No. Depending on your internet connection, about 1 minute.

Are the normal
repositories set up in Knoppix?

Yes, check /etc/apt/sources.list.

I'm trying to install printer drivers for my HP printer.  Of course,
HP provides its own script to do this.  I put in a temporary
password and It seems to be running fine, but it is spinning at the
first apt-get (python, I think.)  Should I give it more time, or do
I need to add a repository or something?

I don't know about the HP script you used, but guess it's trying to
access a non-responding server. Have you tried the drivers supplied with
the normal cups present on Knoppix?

Regards
-Klaus