Re: Bug in7.4.0 flash-knoppix script.

Am 12.09.2014 16:08, schrieb Klaus Knopper:

> If I didnt mention this before: flash-knoppix also has a non-interactive
> "batch-mode" now, and can use .iso-images directly (as parameter to the
> script) for creating a bootable USB flash disk, so you don't need the
> intermediate DVD boot anymore. Just a Linux system capable of running
> the script, zenity, syslinux, parted, sfdisk and sudo are required.

Hello Mr Knopper!

The appended new version of flash-knoppix doesn't work for me. I've
tested it on two different machines (one using Knoppix 7.4.0-DVD, the
other within a 7.2.0 HD install). Starting by the Desktop icon or by the
command line in a terminal nothing happens.

Therefore I've inserted the debug option "set -x" in the Main part of
the script and now I could see some dialog lines how to use the script,
but running the script, this dialog will not be displayed.

Now I started with "flash-knoppix -m i", but the script stops doing
nothing (=> debug_flash-knoppix).

Also with the origin version of flash-knoppix I'm not happy; I've tried
different ways to do an install on a 8GB USB stick with the option
"overlay image", but all my efforts failed.

By the way, you cannot use the script for example within Debian, because
all the users have per default no "sudo" permissions.

--
Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/index.php
Own Rescue-CD (Knoppix remaster)
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ flash-knoppix -m i
++ id -u
+ '[' 1000 '!=' 0 ']'
+ exec sudo /usr/bin/flash-knoppix -m i
++ id -u
+ '[' 0 '!=' 0 ']'
+ unset SUDO_COMMAND
+ ALLOWHD=
+ SIZE=
+ FORCE=
+ METHOD=
+ '[' -n -m ']'
+ case "$1" in
+ shift
+ case "$1" in
+ METHOD=i
+ shift
+ '[' -n '' ']'
+ '[' '!' -n '' -o '!' -b '' ']'
+ '[' -z '' ']'
+ intro_read_allow_hd hd
+ LIST=("r" "$MSG_NOALLOWHD" "h" "$MSG_ALLOWHD")
+ local LIST
+ rm -f /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp
+ dialog_menu flash-knoppix 'flash-knoppix: Mit diesem Programm wird eine bootf�hige Kopie von\nKNOPPIX auf einem USB-Datenspeicher oder einer Festplatte und\noptional ein Overlay zur Speicherung pers�nlicher Daten auf dem\nZielmedium erzeugt, als Container-Datei oder separate Partition,\nmit oder ohne Verschl�sselung.\n\nBitte w�hlen Sie die Optionen aus:' r 'Installation nur auf Wechselmedien erlauben' h 'Installation auch auf internen Festplatten erlauben'
+ rm -f /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp
+ return 1
+ bailout 1
+ cd /root
+ umount /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmpmount
+ umount -d /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmpmount2
+ umount -d /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.src.tmpmount
+ rmdir /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmpmount
+ rmdir /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.src.tmpmount
+ killgauge
+ touch /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp.done
+ wait
+ rm -f /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp.done
+ case "$1" in
+ true
+ rm -f /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp.done /tmp/flash-knoppix.3237.tmp.err
+ exit 1
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$