Re: Better English voice for ADRIANE

Hi,

(sorry about my previous mail seem I sent an incomplete message)

I tried improving the voice quality to make it less robotic and easier to understand by replacing the speech engine
from espeak to festival for English language, you can hear a sample of the result below:

Original voice with Espeak speech synthesis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhzcqbyd18zmusw/ADRIANE_espeak.ogg

Sample of new voice with Festival speech synthesis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sljvkm664p6boii/ADRIANE_festival.ogg

by changing the speech-dispatcher config file, the voice work not only under ADRIANE but also on the rest of graphical
desktop like with orca and the rest...

I was inspired by this thread on using better tts voice http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=751169