USB stick booting

I have a USB stick which boots v7.0.4 fine.
I have a USB stick for v7.0.5 which doesn't boot and windows boots as if it wasn't there. The stick works fine except that it doesn't boot.
I have a USB stick for v7.2.0 which hangs with no error messages when I try to boot from it.  The stick works fine except that it doesn't boot.

The DVDs I used to make them boot properly, of course. I used the menu selection to make the v7.2.0 one. I probably used the script for the others, but I really don't recall.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Jim