Re: Upgrade Inkscape on Knoppix

Hello John,

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 06:17:36PM -0500, john Culleton wrote:
> Back to Knoppix after a long absence. burned 7.05 on a dvd. Note
> that Inkscape on Knoppix is ver 47. Inkscape stable is now 48.3. How do I
> upgrade Knoppix to this level? I am probably going to put Knoppix
> on a hard drive partition if that helps.

I'd recommend ust installing on a USB flash disk using the new partition
overlay, so you can use the system on your main computer or plugged in
at any other computer at your choice.

To upgrade inkscape (thanks for the reminder), open a terminal window
and do a

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -t unstable inkscape

which will first update the package database and then upgrade the
inkscape package and its dependencies only.