Re: Change ASCII text prompt before Welcome to Knoppix .... in boot process

Hello,

Yes, the complete ascii text is there. I remastering it now.

Thanks for the info!

De: Klaus Knopper <debian-knoppix@knopper.net>
Para: Ricardo Fraile <rfrail3@yahoo.es>
CC: "debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org" <debian-knoppix@lists.debian.org>
Enviado: Mi�oles 10 de octubre de 2012 21:35
Asunto: Re: Change ASCII text prompt before Welcome to Knoppix .... in boot process

Hello Ricardo,

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 04:03:02PM +0100, Ricardo Fraile wrote:
>    Hello,
>      I try to change the ASCII text printed just before Welcome to Knoppix...
>    in the boot process, but I can't find how do it.
>      I looking for some info in the
>    doc [1]http://smtp.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Remastering_Howto but only
>    said things about the boot graphic, the boot message or the startup
>    script, but nothing about this ASCII art text.

This ascii art is embedded in the /init script, which is still there as
a copy after booting, and included in the initial ramdisk file
minirt.gz in the original.

boot/syslinux/minirt.gz is basically a gzip-compressed cpio archive
containig all binaries and scripts used during the first part of the
boot process.

Regards
-Klaus