Re: Cannot do HW installation

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 07:26:27PM +0200, Werner P. Schulz wrote:
> Neither with Knoppix nor Knoppix64 I can do a HW installation; "0wn"
> only shows me the progress bar without any activity.

What does this mean? I'm trying to guess:

You already configured target device and partitioning, and 0wn (the
harddisk installer) is in progress copying over files from the
compressed device to the formatted disk partition. Correct? What is the
text on the progress bar that you mentioned?

> '/tmp/0wn.log' tells me that '/tmp/0wndir.kY.....' is only readable,

How does it tell you this?

> but this folder has "drwxr xr x root root". Isn't root the owner of
> this process?

root is the owner of the rsync progress, if you mean that.

Have you checked if rsync is still running? Is there an indication of
system load that suggests the decompression is in progress? How long did
the copying process already run?

Regards
-Klaus