Re: Install vlc player in knoppix Live cd

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 2:28 PM, Klaus Knopper
<debian-knoppix@knopper.net> wrote:
> Hello Elison,
>
> On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 07:13:57PM +0530, elison.niven@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed Knoppix 6.7 Live CD to USB disk and am using it.
>> How can I install vlc player ? It is installed by default in the
>> Knoppix DVD but I could not find method to install vlc player in the
>> CD version.
>
> In the terminal window, type
>
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get install -t unstable vlc
>
> to get the new vlc version 2.0 from Debian/unstable. If this causes too
> many dependencies to be installed, or conflicts, try the older version:
>
> sudo apt-get install -t stable vlc
>
> Regards
> -Klaus Knopper

Hi,
I did try that earlier but I get this:

root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# apt-get install -t stable vlc
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 vlc : Depends: vlc-nox (= 1.1.3-1squeeze6) but it is not going to be installed
       Recommends: vlc-plugin-notify (= 1.1.3-1squeeze6) but it is not
going to be installed
       Recommends: vlc-plugin-pulse (= 1.1.3-1squeeze6) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages

I also tried adding this to /etc/apt/sources.list :
deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main

But I still get the same error.
I am installed the cd version of knoppix 6.7 into a usb.

Thanks,
Elison