Re: Install vlc player in knoppix Live cd

On 11-03-2012, elison.niven@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

I just installed Knoppix 6.7 Live CD to USB disk and am using it.
How can I install vlc player ? It is installed by default in the
Knoppix DVD but I could not find method to install vlc player in the
CD version.

Thanks,
Elison

Knoppix saves the day !

Hello

Glad to hear you installed Knoppix. I am using as default operating system as it is more than just a live linux distro.

First of all, i hope you installed knoppix with persistent changes to USB, so changes will remain after reboots, etc. If you did this, it's OK and you can install almost anything which works on Debian too.

To install VLC, from VLC website directly, simply do the following:
     deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
     deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main

For a normal install, via apt-get from Debian repositories do:

   # apt-get update
   # apt-get install vlc libdvdcss2

Hope you will solve it.
---