Re: Something wrong with mounting, must chroot to run programs

Maybe the best thing is to try a kernel compile, plus eventually, recompile busybox?
Wouldn't this be typical of 32/64-bits linking/loading conflicts?  (I don't know any details here, just know that ELF32/64 libraries can't always be mixed and matched.

Here's my 64-bits type info of the first file busybox isn't able to run:
root@Microknoppix:/store/local/knx_devel# file /bin/mount
/bin/mount: setuid ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

On original Knoppix6.4.4, even if it runs with arch=x86_64, /bin/mount has: setuid ELF 32-bit LSB executable.
Could the dynamic linking have any impact here?

Trond