bug report (and fix) network up/down delayed 10 seconds

Dear Klaus Knopper et al,

First off, I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks: I've enjoyed
using, and learning from, Knoppix immensely over the years.  It's a really
great thing!

As to the bug:  The problem is an avahi script mistakenly thinking there
is a nameserver listening on the local machine, although there is not one.
 After an interface is brought up or down, the scripts
    /etc/network/if-up.d/avahi-daemon
    /etc/network/if-post-down.d/avahi-daemon -> ../if-up.d/avahi-daemon
are executed, which in turn execute