One last question.

Everything is up and running on my hard disk version of Knoppix on my HP
laptop.  Sincere thanks to Klaus for his guidance. My spouse has finally
been weaned off her first GUI, Vista.  Now I need to make it more convenient
for her to get to Kmail. Is there a way to put the icon on the bottom bar
or even on the screen and have it stay there from session to session?
Manipulating menus usingt the touchpad is, well, touchy.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"