Re: 6.1

Dear Phil,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 02:21:28PM -0700, Phil Lewis wrote:

> i went all the way to the other side of town to buy the magazine with the 6.1 dvd in it but they were all gone :(

I'm sorry to hear that. Partly, it's my fault of not having been able to
release the public version in time, so that you could just download it.

I'm still working on get a recent Kernel in, and do some improvements to
the installer and network configuration, which have been the most
reported weak points.

But there should be some locations on the internet where you can
download the 6.1 DVD release. Since it's Free (GPL) software, there is
no reason that would keep you from copying it, apart from (maybe?)
graphics and design of the magazine that sold the DVD. After removing
the boot+background graphics, everything else KNOPPIX-related on the DVD
should be freely distributable.

Regards
-Klaus