[KNOPPIX 6.0] Live from µSDCard with Eeepc works like a charm

Hi,

Following my test procedure of Knoppix 6:

I've downloaded Knoppix iso image from eeebuntu on a Eeepc 701 and in
an external drive (vfat)

- using ide burner with an Ide2Usb adapter, image burned with k3b.

- then stop computer, switch off CD drive, switch on drive and then
switch on computer (it seems it helps usb drive to be detected), the
first boot device in Bios is external USB, then CD-Rom then SSD

- start with default: I discover Adriane, very fast boot, very
surprised by tts, then I've started X, I'm used to Kde but Lxde is
fast on Eeepc although with 3d effects

- reboot with knoppix lang=fr very fast so :)

- plugged a 1Go sd card into card reader of eeepc,
last message ended itself so quick that I wasn't be able to see what it was,
I've decided to reboot to test it but it did not work.
It was booting on ssd, when looking on sd card I saw that KNOPPIX file
was 240Mo :o
I've deleted the big file (near 700Mb) and went on Knoppix and used
flash-knoppix again

And ... It just work ! \o/

Currently using it with isolinux.cfg, modified to use knoppix with fr
keyboard layout

I had to switch sd-reader as primary disk in bios instead of ssd to be
able to boot on it easily (sometime proposed by bios, sometime not ^^)

I had to unplug usb hard drive because It was resulting in a "could
not find knoppix image on sdb"
(sdb was usb-hdd and was mount on /knoppix-system instead of sd card sdc)

Sd reader don't blink hd drive led when being writed on, home creation
took some few times to be created (250Mo) but it wroked :)

Many thanks for this new and great release, very nice work ! :)

--
Jody NOURY