Automating opening of hidden wireless net.

When I booted the latest version of Knoppix on my HP Pavilion laptop it
recognized and informed me that I had a wireless net available. However it was
a "hidden" net.  In the appropriate window I gave the name of the hidden net,
which emanates from my wireless Linksys router.

This is my wife's computer so I want to automate this process of net naming
and recognition, possibly in the rc.local file. Can anyone suggest the
necessary code?
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"