ADRIANE KNOPPIX request kabook foot pedal transcription dictation

Use kabook mp3 player with a pedal to transcribe dictation.
Visually impaired, education and business uses make this
a needed gnu open source addition to linux.

Are there other open source alternatives I am overlooking?
Are there console sound recorders for linux with the ability
to review i.e. backup and re dictate the last passage?

This adds accessibility benefits of hands free control
and control of a process without the keyboard focus.
The usb vpedal is the one I have tested but other joystick
devices may work.

In addition to allowing home transcription work, hands free
spoken musical scores has advantages over Music Braille.
See the music audible notation MANOTE project.
http://manote.sourceforge.net/ http://manote.sourceforge.net/

To work from KNOPPIX please consider adding:
Debian Package: joy2key
Perhaps there is a better interface but this works with
the expect language to get input from a foot pedal.

Best Wishes
paradocs