Re: Knoppix 6 CD to hard disk

>         How does one install a knoppix 6.0 CD to the hard disk ? Have
> only found an undocumented program /usr/bin/flash-knoppix that apparently
> installs knoppix on to a USB memory stick.

I installed Knoppix to a USB drive and created a knoppix-data.img file to go
with it.
Then I copied the KNOPPIX folder from the thumbdrive to a hard disk
partition.
I also copied all the files in the root directory of the USB drive to a
folder called "knboot" which I made on the same hard disk.
Finally, I used GRUB to call up Knoppix 6 using these lines
title Knoppix 6
    root (hd1,2)
    kernel /knboot/linux ramdisk_size=100000 dma lang=ie init=/etc/init
xkeyboard=ie noprompt
    initrd /knboot/minirt.gz