Re: Latest Knoppix? (burning a cd/dvd)

Try k3b It makes burning ISO image spretty easy.

If you're trying to genrerate a bootable CD./DVD fromn a (modified)  filesystem image, then you need to remember to do the following:

copy the CONTENTS of the iso mount directory (not the directory itself) onto the CD

project->edit boot images -> new
   add   {filesystem_folder}/boot/isolinux/ioslinux.bin

choose  emulation type:  No emulation

Then click on the newly added isolinux.bin in the 'edit boot images' window, and 'show advanced options'.

enable (tick) 'boot info table' and set boot load size to 0x04

At that point the dvd/cd that you burn should be bootable.

(you may have to remove /boot/boot.cat from the files included in the CD if that file exists.

If you're having problems booting a dvd on a different machine than it was mastered on, try switching between dvd- and dvd+ .  Some (mostly older) DVD readers will only play happy with one of the two.