Re: kernel 2.6.25 and cloop module

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 05:38:45AM -0700, Néstor Amigo Cairo wrote:
> Klaus Knopper has taken the time to fix it. Here's the fix (he sent it to my
> mailbox), I'm attaching it. Good luck!!
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p17424674/compressed_loop.c compressed_loop.c

Thanks for posting, I just have to add that this version has not been
thoroughly tested yet, so I can't promise that there are no unexpected
failures/bugs. Especially I'm not sure yet if it is suitable for really
large image, since I replaced all vmalloc() calls by __get_free_pages()
in order to save kernel vmalloc space (i.e. the "out of vmalloc memory"
error when setting preload to high numbers), primarily for testing. For
images with a block index larger than 2MB, this will for sure fail to
work!  So, please wait for an official release before using cloop 2.625
for a cloop-based distribution, or at least, please do a lot of
stress-testing before.

With kind regards