Re: knoppix-halt, pump, and persistent $home

On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 04:33:59PM -0500, John Woods wrote:
> Fixed in 5.3... That's great! I can't wait to use it.
>
> Without starting a bugs for 5.3 thread... I'll just put this one out
> here. Just so you know about it Klaus. You probably already do.
>
> This happens if I am using my persistent $home or just booting from
> the dvd with nothing else added. Just a different /proc/#
> I will put some other info in case it is needed/related to an
> explanation. Ignoring Google results pointing to Ubuntu, I did not see
> anything obviously related.
>
> If I do an updatedb, I get some strange result. Something is pointing
> to a non existent proc? I tried doing a few find commands myself, but
> I could not get the same output.
>
> root!tty1:/# updatedb
> /usr/bin/find: /proc/4096/task/4096/fd/4: No such file or directory
> /usr/bin/find: /proc/4096/task/4096/fd/4: No such file or directory

updatedb has been changed to updatedb.findutils in Debian, it must be
called with either environment variables (PRUNEFS, PRUNEPATHS) for
filesystems/directories to be excluded, or with the correspnding
--long-options.

See /usr/bin/updatedb.findutils or /etc/cron.daily/locate.

calling updatedb with no arguments should give the same output on all
Debian/testing installations, in theory.