Knoppix feature request: better ntfs support

Following on Klaus' last titillating post
(a new Knoppix this year? Hooray!), I'd like
to ask for better ntfs support to be considered.

The last available CD pre-dated the v1.0 release
of ntfs-3g. I've used this driver since then with no ill effects more than once, and wish knoppix defaulted
to it when generating fstab. It's probably still
a good idea to default to read-only mounts, but at
least desperate newbies ticking that r/o box in the
KDE GUI wouldn't put their data at risk!
ALso, please consider incorporating Gilles' wonderful
initrd patches that enable one to boot "fromiso" off
an ntfs partition. Today virtually all systems where one is likely to try knoppix today ship with a hard disk pre-formatted with this filesystem. This change would also be a nice distinctive feature for the new release in a time where so many regular distros have adopted the live-cd format knoppix once pioneered.

What do you think, people? If you're at all interested,
Klaus, please do not hesitate to let us know how we can help.

Thanks & regards,

kirol