Re: New hwsetup

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 08:27:16AM -0800, stirner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's a new hwsetup (1.4.1) that is different from the old binary.
> Now it's a shell script that "looks up everything in /sys and /proc".
> After the update my graphic card and the mouse were not  detect, restoring
> the old hwsetup everything is ok.

Old hwsetup just created config files in /etc/sysconfig, the new one calls mkxorgconfig by itself. This may conflict with old knpppix-autoconfig, where mkxorgconfig is called later, with different settings.

Could you please mail me both, the correct (old) /etc/X11/xorg.conf and
the new (non-working) one, in case it is even created?

hwsetup 1.4 is supposed to be used by Knoppix 6, which is not released
yet. I shoud not have published the first version that early, probably.
:-/