Re: remaster dvd: cloop final offset wrong

Klaus Knopper schrieb:
On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 02:10:16PM +0200, Bernd Bleßmann wrote:
Hi all,

I am trying to remaster a Knoppix DVD 5.3.1, but when booting I get the following error in mount_knoppix (linurc) (when enabling debug msg.) on startup:
cloop: Initializing cloop v2.624
cloop: final offset wrong (3632324753 not 2327867392)
end_request: I/O error, dev cloop0, sector 64
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=clopp0, iso_blknum=16, block=32
[...]

I remastered the cloop whith the following commands and used the fromhd-option to boot the cloop fs from hd:

mkisofs -input-charset ISO-8859-15 -no-split-symlink-components \
no-split-symlink-fields -R -l -U \
-V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" \
-P "KNOPPIX www.knoppix.net" -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -pad \
/mnt/sda5/source/KNOPPIX | \
create_compressed_fs -f /mnt/sda3/master/tmp_iso -B 131072 - - > \
/mnt/sda3/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX

You may have exceeded the maximum filesize supported by the filesystem
on /mnt/sda3, or the available space. But then, you shoul have seen some
kinf of a "write error" during or after compression. It looks like you
have an incomplete cloop file.

Thanks, I used a new bigger partition for the KNOPPIX cloop fs and it worked. I must have overseen the error messages. As the process took quite a long time, i did not try to reproduce my error, yet.

Is there a rule for when using more than one compressed filesystem (i.e. on the orig. DVD there is a KNOPPIX and a KNOPPIX2 file)?

Thanks again and greetings,
  Bernd