Re: Corrupt Knoppix 5.3.0 DE iso on linuxtracker or piratebay

Dear John,

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 09:49:49PM -0400, John Woods wrote:
> There being 2 different md5sums being distributed 'out there' for one
> of Klaus' earlier iso's... I'd like to know which one is the real iso.
> More of the details are here.
> http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=117143#117143

I guess that some people have just ripped the ISO from he c't DVD,
with different file sizes, which means that the MD5 alo differs. It does
not necessarily mean that any file contained has been changed.

Try to verify the content by the KNOPPIX/md5sums file contained in each
iso. It's not signed, though.

> People have enough troubles, and they should not need to wonder which
> one is the genuine one. I tried to let linuxtag know it was a bad
> torrent... but it is still available.

The official torrent torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de is provided by Unix-AG of
the University of Kaiserslautern, I have left the LinuxTag association
long ago.